Sometimes it's ok to be a follower

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Time for a Coffee Date




It's been awhile since we had a time to catch up and have a delicious cup of coffee.
Do you have time before the big game to sit down and relax for a few.
I have a warm toasted hazelnut blend with sweet whipped cream and shaved chocolate to top it off with. You won't be disappointed, my first cup was so scrumptious that I am now on number two.

Are you ready for the big football game?
I myself am taking the easy way out this year. We're having a small family get together and ordering pizza. I did however, make a small dessert for the occasion.


Homemade french silk pie.
I'm such a foodie, any reason I can find to cook I use.
If you asked any of my friends what type of blog I probably have they'd tell you a cooking / baking blog, lol. Nobody would ever guess art, I always think that's kinda funny.

My plans are to just relax and watch the game a little, I'm not truly a sports fanatic I'm mainly trying to spend time with my guy doing something that he loves. Thankful he doesn't mind if I have my drawing book or computer in my lap, so we're both happy.  So, maybe a few new pictures tonight and I'm sure I'll spend the majority of the night on Pinterest looking at all kinds of pretties. I'm just a little bit addicted to it.

I find so may craft projects that I want to try from Pinterest.  Everything I see is like, " oh wow, I have to try that".
 Right now I have plans to make a fabric journal, maybe just the cover instead of an entire book. I think a vintage shabby chic cover would look great on one of my drawing journals.

 I spent the day yesterday browsing an antique mall for little treasures that would clean up nice and make a crazy quilt of notions for a truly vintage cover. I found all kinds of  ribbons, laces, pillowcases, napkins, and hankies. I'm not really sure how I'm going to put it all together yet but I think it'll be a fun project. I'm not a sewing machine person, I prefer to sew by hand so I'm pretty sure this little book will take me a bit, but it'll be totally worth it.

Pretty heart I found while shopping. This will be great for my cover.

 So that's pretty much my weekend. It's been wonderful and full of memories.

How has your day been going? I'll pour us another cup and you can give me all the great details.

Hugs,
Anna


4 comments:

  1. Mmm, that dessert you made looks yummy! I did some baking too yesterday - I made a pineapple pie. It turned out pretty good. :)
    I like that heart. I can't wait to see what you'll make with all the laces, ribbons etc. you bought.
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuuuhm delicious coffee, I just LOVE coffe, and just can´t get up and about, until I´ve had at least 2 cups in the morning he he. Some would say I´m addicted to coffee, as I ALWAYS have a cup of coffee within a hands reach here, no matter where I am, or what I do.
    Yoyr dessert looks really yummi too, and I can almost taste the sweetness in it, just by looking this picture he he. I must admit, I´ve made enough food and cake in my days, as I was making food for big parties as weddings, confirmations, baptisms and stuff like that in my younger days, and then I worked in a huge butcher department in a big supermarket as the head of the delicatesse and cooked and baked for 12 to 15 hours a day and after that I got my own cafeteria for several years until I had to be retired, so I feel I have made my part of the food over the years, so now I really just don´t want to do anymore cooking or baking, unless it´s for some huge celebration of some kind, where we´re making something really special, then it´s still fun, I think.
    I hope, you people had a great time at the SB party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummie and I wish I could bake and I really don't enjoy cooking but I do it LOL Oh and you must keep us updated on your lace book. Your art is all beautiful. Oh and boy couldn't you spend all day on Pinterest. Have a great week. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering! - I want a sip of that coffee.....OK - not just a sip - the whole cup - yummy!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete