Good Evening Everyone,
Sorry my last post was kind of short and sweet. It wasn't my intention to just throw a digi at you and run. I got interrupted half way through the post and needed to run.
I did want to share one more thing with you guys tonight.
|Promarkers Metallic Set|
I have had these markers in an online wishlist for quite awhile. I love Promarkers and metallic could be really useful for adding a little extra dazzle to my images.
However one thing kept stopping me from purchasing these markers - they're water based. I've been disappointed with streaking when using water based markers in the past so I wasn't sure if I would just be wasting my money.
Several weeks pass and several times I get online and look at the markers. (as though something might change, lol) Then the unthinkable happens. My most frequented craft store starts carrying them and they have a huge display that looks very appealing. Now I want them even more.
I go back and forth for a bit; wonder about the pros and cons, if the store would let me return opened markers if I hated them, and so on. Eventually, I just broke down and bought them. I figured I was spending more for gas driving to look at them repeatedly. In the long run it would be cheaper just to buy them.
So now that I've had a few days to experiment with them, I thought I would share just in case anyone else might be considering purchasing them too.
Here's a pic of the little slip inside the case:
- Beautiful rich colors that have a little shine to them
- These would be great for coloring little bits metal and jewerly
- They write on black paper, if you're not a fan of gel pens, paint pens, or colored pencils these might be a suitable alternative
- The color lay down is slightly harsh for large areas, so far I have not been able to get a successful blend with these. I'm not saying that it is impossible just maybe a bit difficult.
- They write on black paper. (I know what you're thinking: wait wasn't that a pro??) Yes it was, but it's a con too. It will completely coverup the black lines on your images too, so you have to be very careful while coloring.
|Colors on white paper|
|Colors on black paper|
Overall I do like them. They won't be my most used markers, but I believe there will be times when they come in handy.
Thanks for stopping by and letting me share.