Sometimes it's ok to be a follower

Monday, November 12, 2012

Casey Digital Stamp

Good afternoon,
Hope you all had a wonderful and creative weekend. Ours was filled with family time, a bit of toy shopping, and then topped off with a huge birthday party for my little guy. (Even though I started preparing weeks ago I still felt rushed, lol) It was a fantastic day.

***

Long after my house became quite and everyone had fallen asleep; I found myself still to full of energy to rest. So, I pulled out all of my art supplies and decided to have some creative me time.
 I find it amazing how when I'm happy my illustrations come together so quickly. No fuss, no stress, just fun expression. This is my favorite kind of art. 

Well this was one of those days. It felt like within minutes I had a rough sketch that I just loved and couldn't wait to polish up. 

Casey Cuddlebug Cuties

Once I had Casey inked I looked at my marker case and had a realization. I'm very bad about just reaching in and grabbing random markers. I don't plan out which ones will blend well together, have favorite combos, or anything special. I just play around until I'm happy with how my picture looks. I'm pretty content with this technique and I don't really plan to change it but I am going to try to at least write down the colors that I've used. That way if someone is interested in duplicating a color, I have a list to share. I've tried this a few times before, and I love sharing, I just don't always think about it when I'm coloring.

So here's my list:
(all Copics this time)

skin- E21, E51, E50  R01, R00
shirt, hat, boots- YR21, YR30, Y32, Y21
jeans- BG70, B41, B21, B93
hair- E35, E33, E53

Casey Cuddlebug Cuties

Enjoy coloring and crafting with Casey but please give me, Anna Stillwell at Cuddlebug Cuties, credit for drawing her.
 Don't forget to checkout my blog candy here.
 
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Anna

28 comments:

  1. Another cute image Anna, and a nice freebie to wake up to. I am like you with my copics, I just keep going until am happy with it and I think that system works fine...luv annie.x


    http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, thanks once again for an awesome image!

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey is fabulous! Thanks! I love her look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi .....cassy is brilliant iwill deffo use her and link back..hugss sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Anna. I love your drawings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casey is so cute! Love the little hat and the bell bottoms. Thank you Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so cute. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Anna for Casey. She is lovely. I know what you mean with the colouring. Unless I leave the markers out on the desk when I'm colouring I have no idea what I've used either! Thanks for the list but understand when it isn't there as I'm the same.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks again for another lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again for another lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love your cuties, thanks so much..

    Silverbutterfly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love her Sweetie, she is adorable. I haven't had internet connection because of the weather so coming on for a few seconds I had to check your blog and there she was, thank you bunches and bunches hugs, Cathy k

    ReplyDelete
  15. vielen Dank für das tolle freebie.
    LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute! thank you for your generosity! It is very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  17. TY for sharing, Your images are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is so sweet and pretty!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for the great freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi,

    She´s cute, thanks for sharing!

    Annerieke

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree, Thanksgiving totally creeped up on me! And now it's already over. I have a feeling that now that Thanksgiving is over that Christmas is going to totally creep up toO! I just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better... hope you don't mind if I follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the great digi. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brooke B.
    Thanks. My craft turned out great. My mother in law will love it.

    ReplyDelete