Sometimes it's ok to be a follower

Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Christmas Donation and a new digi

Good afternoon everyone,
I'm so glad the weekend's finally here. Today is my day for Christmas shopping. I'm running on 3 hours of sleep and enjoying every moment of my purchasing gifts, two weeks before the holiday, adventure. 
My little guy was starting to get sleepy in the last store, he was asleep before we could make the 15 minute drive home. So, we're taking a little mid-day break. While he's napping I thought I'd pop in, say hi and pass out my latest illustration.

Before I get to the newest digi, I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who has made a purchase from my Etsy store this year. All of the proceeds have been donated. I wanted to make sure that the group that I choose would have their fundraiser this year before I told everyone my intentions. 

Every Christmas my favorite book store does a book drive for a local orphanage. Every year I buy a few books but I always feel like it's not enough. I want to do more. I love to read. (I have three books going right now) I couldn't imagine not being able to go the library or the store to get books, or not have a family that would go out and pick up goodies for me.  

So this year every stamp that was purchased was going to be for those children (as long as the book store had the drive again this year and luckily they did)

I want to thank you all for your purchases.
You have blessed many children this Christmas.

Donated Books, the first handful, Cuddlebug Cuties


 I showed up at the store during story time. The childrens section was packed. I grabbed several handfuls of books and sat at kids table that was about a foot off the ground; reading the back of every book. Trying to make sure they looked fun and interesting, and that I had a good variety for all ages.

I made my selection and jumped in line. The line wrapped around several times and as I stood waiting I couldn't help but over hear the checkout clerks. Over and over for every customer they would say; "would you like to donate a book to the orphanage?" Over and over the most common answer was; "no, not today."  There where a few yeses but the noes where winning.

When it was my turn, I walked up to an older male associate. He's worked there for years. He looks slightly defeated, dreading asking his donation question, so I spoke up before he could. I lifted a stack of books that went up past my elbows on the counter and said, "these are for your book drive"

I was met by silence. He was just standing there looking down at the books. Finally he looked up at me and I was surprised to see that he had teared up and started to cry. He patted the area above his heart and said, "that is so nice, you have no idea what this means to those little ones." He smiled at me and for a moment I wasn't sure if he was going to climb over the counter and hug me.

It was a wonderful experience. I wish that all of you could have been there to share it with me. 
 Today all of you helped make a difference is someones life. Thank you.


*********

Ok, now on to your new digi. 

Ty Cuddlebug Cuties


Ty Cuddlebug Cuties



Enjoy coloring and crafting with Ty but please give me, Anna Stillwell at Cuddlebug Cuties, credit for drawing her.
 
Here's my marker list:
Copic

Skin: R00, R01, E50, E51
Hair: E30, E31, E33, E53
Clothes: R20, R21, R22, R14
B91, B93, B95


And just two more things,
Today is the last day to enter my Christmas blog candy giveaway. If you haven't entered yet you can find the post here

And Chris from  My Inspirational Journey, you've won my November candy. Send me an email and I'll get your goodies shipped to you. 

cuddlebugcuties@gmail.com

Hugs,
Anna 


25 comments:

  1. Thanks somuch. I love your ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your story made me tear up a little, and I felt that I was with you. What a wonderful experience. Anna, thank you. I hope you have the merriest of Christmases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet thing to have happen to you....you must have touched his dear heart. It's so nice to be able to give without any expectation of something in return....and it's also so nice to know that there are still good people in the world. Thank you for your wonderful generosity, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! Yay you! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would follow me back!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    xoxo-
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked your story!! Thanks for the freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely image. Thank you.
    Thank you for the donations you gave to the book drive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for Ty - a lovely image.
    Congratulations on your wonderful donation

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to donate, I couldn't be happier than to know I was able to help just a little. (I'm an avid reader myself.) Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your story. My Dad was raised in an orphanage so I've grown up knowing how lucky I am to have things like books. Thank you for making it easier for these children to access some books. Thank you also for the digi today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a beautiful heart you have. that is very appreciative what you did. :)
    And ty is very cute.. happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful story and it was so thoughtful of you to donate to such a great cause, those kids are lucky to have you on their side. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great story...I teared up just reading it! That was very generous of you to donate all those books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the freebie today and also for sharing this story. You wrote it so we could feel like we were there. I too, am an avid readers so this is particularly special to me! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gracious, I love her , Ilove her, I love her, I know I say that about all you girls, but she is so adorabe and perfect. Thank you bunches and bunches hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three cheers for YOU! Now that is what this season is all about--giving from the heart with no strings attached. My 'Thursday's Are For Giving Thanks' post this week is all about giving without expecting anything in return. I'm going to use you as an example in my post letting people know that there are really others out there exemplifying this trait in our 'scrabook/digital design/craft' community. Everyone should have a generous heart like yours.

    Also thanks so much for Ty.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet. Thank you so much, I'm truly flattered. I can't wait to read it.
      Great Big Hugs

      Delete
  16. You are a great gal, I love reading also. My Mother told me she would read to me everyday. One day she said I was pulling on her skirt with my book in hand. She said she didn't have time to read that day. She said I looked at her and said Mean, Mean Mommie...those were also the first words I'd spoken. After crafting reading is my favorite past time. Love your digis..

    Silverbutterfly

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice story - you are very kind.
    Thank you for the lovely digi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. awwww congrats! I've entered your candy, please visit my blog when you can as I have a candy too!
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful post and such a generous spirit! I agree that a life without books would be such a sad existence...
    I don't often comment on your blog, but visit often and I love your beautiful images! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your images are always awesome...thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet digi. However, what I want to actually say is how great your post was. I actually teared up just a little reading it. That was a wonderful thing for you to do.

    ReplyDelete