Sometimes it's ok to be a follower

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Shy ~ Digital Stamp Coloring Page

Perfect. 
I mean truly; there is not one part of this piece that I don't absolutely love.
It all just came together and worked out so well. I think it's one of my better works.
I was able to get the; "awe so cute" look with only a single eye, able to angle the hands and the heads to show details in the whole image, and I was able to fit big fluffy tails on the page because honestly I was beginning to run out of room on the paper by that point.

I love travel purse sized sketchbooks, but I tend to draw really big. So many pages in my notebook are fully covered but only with half a face, hair, or body. I have all kinds of fun pieces but they appear incomplete. I love them though. For now I'll keep them in my someday I'll know just how to use these file. 

Until that time gets here, I'll just have to share my more complete creations with my wonderful crafting community. 
The line art is complete, but I do not have a colored example ready yet. I'm hoping in the next day or two, but as you moms of toddlers know...who knows when I'll be able to sit down and color without a set of little hands helping me :) I've learned to print several out for him to color. We'll stretch out on the floor or at the kitchen table and create together. I prepick out all of my markers and try to keep them very close to me because he is a magnificent destroyer. Doesn't ever try, it's just a natural talent; lol. For him I have a whole array of crayola markers, crayons, colored pencils, watercolors, and lots of hope that they will entertain him for a bit.

A tip for moms of young artist: I've found that white paper crafting card stock paper is fantastic for young ones. Most craft stores sell packs of it for $2 - $3 so it's fairly inexpensive. Children's finger paint, watercolors, and markers don't bleed through it which is such a wonderful thing to have less clean up, and pens or pencils take a lot of pressure to puncture through it. I have lots of paper floating around my house, and it is a really good fit for us. Both for price and strength.

Shy ~ Cuddlebug Cuties


Enjoy coloring and crafting with Shy but please give me, Anna Stillwell at Cuddlebug Cuties, credit for drawing her.
Hugs,
Anna

16 comments:

  1. Oh Anna, she´s just absolutely darling. Thank you soooo sooo much for sharing this beauty here, she´ll be a dream to color, I´m sure, and I know the girls are going to love her too, that´s for sure.
    Hope you´ve had a wonderful Christmas now with your lovely family and are going to have a wonderful New Year celebration tomorrow too with family and friends around.
    Thanks sooo very much for all your awesome and wonderful shares all throughout this year, and I´m sooo looking forward to follow your journey next year too, and see where it takes us all.
    Hope the new year will only bring you lots of love, joy, happiness and good health for both you and your family.
    Happy New Year sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maryann, you are absolutely the best! I am so glad to find you as a buddy; you always make me smile :) Hope the girls had a wonderful Christmas, give them a hug for me and really hope you have an amazing New Year too. I'm so very excited about blogging this year. I've decided to go a little more hardcore blogger. I'm not sure how yet, but I want it so I'm going to go for it. More posts, more crafts, more digis... I have so many things I want to do, lol. I can't wait.
      Happy New Year
      with the biggest hugs

      Delete
  2. Shy is so sweet! I love her gorgeous long hair!

    Tam Hess
    CardMakingArtists.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Truly thank you...I put so much effort into my cuddlebugs' hair. It's my favorite think to draw :)
      Happy New Year

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful! And adorable at the same time! Thank you! Wishing you all the best in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and Happy New Year too :)
      and I know I've waited much to long to say but the kitty in your photo is so adorable! I'm such a cat person, I smile everytime I see him/her.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I love your kitties profile photo. So cute! Everyone has their adorable animals in their pics, it makes me want to join the party too. My cats would not be amused though, lol. Oldest one is 18, I call him my grumpy old man :)

      Delete
  5. She's adorable. Hope you have a great new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness - she is just super stunning - LUV her. :-D
    Thank you so very much for your awesome generosity giving us these wonderful images throughout the year. xxx

    I wish you health and happiness for 2015.

    Hugz
    IKE in Greece xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous as always thank you and happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Anna, she's just so precious! Love the cuddle cats, too. Thanks so much. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's adorable. Thank you for sharing her with us.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Cute! You're a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete