I love to cook, and when I was invited to join a recipe swap link up I was thrilled with the idea.
I had so many ideas, so many goodies that I would love to make and share, that I didn't even know where to begin. So I let my hubby decide.
I asked him to choose something special that he'd love to eat this week fully expecting him to choose homemade chocolate cake, cheesecake, fried chicken, or something that would take all day to make; but he surprised me. He choose spinach dip.
This recipe is one of our favorites. We practically lived off of it when we first got married. After many years we've expanded our meals to include all kinds of yummy food but we still love our dip and it's a favorite snack for parties or movie night.
It's quick and easy to make which is great for a mommy with a busy schedule.
Spinach Dip Ingredients:
1 package spinach
1 cup mayonnaise
1 package cream cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup reserved)
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup minced onion
1 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste
tortilla chips of your choice
* I use fresh spinach for the best texture and flavor. You can use frozen but it will be a little chewy and it'll water down your dish unless it has been thawed and dried.
* Miracle Whip is not a good substitute for mayonnaise in this dish (I've tried it and it did not work well)
* I use dried minced onions but a small onion will also work really well
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees
* Combine all ingredients expect chips, spinach, and 1/4c of Parmesan cheese into a bowl and mix well
(chopping up the cream cheese or using mixer helps make this easier)
* Add spinach and stir until completely covered with mixture
* Put mixture into a large casserole dish
* Sprinkle with remaining cheese and and a dash of paprika for color
* Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through
* Enjoy with your favorite chips